August 2, 2009

Reese's Pieces Cupcakes

These were the other cupcake I made for my goddaughter's first birthday party. I love this frosting, and I really liked this cupcake recipe. I think I will use this cupcake recipe as a base for other cupcakes in the future. It was easy to use and didn't make my kitchen smell like burning cupcakes.
Reese's Pieces Cupcakes
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup soft butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup milk, warm
1/2 cup peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 24 muffin tins.

In medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.

In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.

Add flour and milk, alternating in three additions, ending with flour. Stir in peanut butter chips.

Evenly distribute into prepared muffin tins. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or until the cake springs back when lightly pressed. Cool completely on a wire rack.

Frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter (I used approximately 1/3 cup crunchy because I ran out of creamy)
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
2 Tbsp. milk (or as needed)

Beat butter and peanut butter together until well mixed. Gradually add powdered sugar. When mixture gets thick, slowly incorporate milk one tablespoon at a time as needed to keep frosting spreadable. Beat at least three minutes to make frosting fluffy.

Final Preparations
Frost each cupcake. Then roll each cupcake in mini Reese's Pieces, designed for baking.

No comments: