January 12, 2015

Marinated Feta Skewers

I wasn't sure my family's feelings on feta, so I had my doubts as to whether anyone would eat this Christmas Eve appetizer aside from me. Personally, I like feta. My husband refers to it as feet cheese and finds it disgusting. As it turns out, this Cooking Light recipe was a hit with my family, particularly my dad.

Marinated Feta Skewers
1 medium lemon
1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh oregano
3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
4 oz. feta cheese, cut into 16 cubes
16 small cherry tomatoes

Grate rind from lemon, and squeeze juice equal to 2 Tbsp. Combine rind, juice, oregano, oil and pepper in a shall dish. Add cheese, and marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes, turning cheese over after 10 minutes. Skewer 1 tomato, and place skewer (or toothpick) into each piece of feta.

Note: I served the feta skewers in the marinade and then actually reused it to make another batch the next day.

No comments: