June 26, 2015

Oreo Brownies

Apparently I'm in the mood for brownies since I've bookmarked a couple brownie recipes over the past few weeks. These from Cookies and Cups caught my eye because my husband loves Oreos. Don't be fazed by my orange Oreos ... they might have been purchased on clearance and tossed in my freezer. (Don't judge me for my 50 cent Oreos. There's enough preservatives I'm sure they'd still be edible this upcoming Halloween.)

I wasn't expecting to be wowed by these, but I was. I've eaten two of the corner pieces already, even though they're for a party tomorrow. (It's OK, I have a second batch of brownies baking as well, so no one will notice a few missing.) They are definitely a repeat recipe!


Oreo Brownies
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
1 Tbsp. vanilla
4 eggs
1 tsp. salt
11/2 cups flour
1 cup cocoa powder
25 Oreo cookies coarsely chopped

Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line 9x13 pan with foil, and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.

In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs. Mix on medium speed until combined, about 1 minute. Add in salt and the cocoa powder, and mix on medium until combined, 30 seconds to a minute. Turn the mixer to low, and add in the flour until incorporated.

Spread half of the batter into pan. Top with the Oreos,  and spread the remaining batter on top. Bake 35-40 minutes until center is almost set. Cool completely before cutting. Makes 24 brownies.

No comments: