July 20, 2015

Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake

It's been a while since I baked a simple chocolate cake, so I couldn't remember which recipe I really liked for basic birthday cakes. When in doubt, obviously try a new recipe, right?

Thankfully, this Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake turned out wonderfully. I made it as a 1.5 batch (not a full doubling) to fill my two heart-shaped cake pans. I would likely do the same to fill my large single sheet cake pan that I use for birthday cakes as well. Moist, chocolate and delicious. Full disclosure: I did not use Hershey's cocoa.


Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake
2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups flour
3/4 cups cocoa
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup boiling water

Preheat oven to 350˚F. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.

tir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat on medium speed of mixer for 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water by hand. (Batter will be thin.) Pour batter into prepared pans.

Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, and  remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost as desired. Makes 12 servings.

No comments: